Inside the Bristol County Probate & Family Court
Serving the towns and cities of Bristol County, the Bristol County Probate and Family Court holds sessions in three different locations:
- 40 Broadway, Suite 240, Taunton, MA 02780
- 505 Pleasant St., New Bedford, MA 02740
- 289 Rock St., Fall River, MA 02720
Four judges handle the caseload of nearly 15,000 actions filed in Bristol County each year:
- Hon. Anthony R. Nesi, First Justice
- Hon. Katherine A. Field, Associate Justice
- Hon. Richard J. McMahon, Associate Justice
- Hon. Peter Smola, Associate Justice
Information on Bristol County Justices
Prior to his term on the bench, Justice Richard J. McMahon served low-income families as the executive director of South Coastal Counties Legal Services. Since his cases involved few assets that needed to be divided, he mastered the skill of working with parties to settle their differences between them. In cases like these, you can rarely justify the expense of taking a case all the way to trial.
Unique Statistics Relating to the Bristol County Probate & Family Court
There were 616 abuse prevention cases filed in Bristol County in 2014–more so than in any other Probate & Family Court!
Need a family law attorney in your corner that you can trust? Contact Miller Law Group, P.C. today!