Family Law & Divorce Attorneys in Dedham
Here to Help You Achieve the Best Possible Results
Miller Law Group, P.C. is here to help you. Our law firm provides experienced and thorough representation to people in Dedham and surrounding communities. When you are facing divorce and other family law issues, you need a firm that will work for results which last for years to come.
Our Dedham family law attorneys handle cases involving:
To date, we have provided hundreds of free legal evaluations for people in Massachusetts. These are straightforward consultations that provide you with real, concrete and practical advice about your case, as well as the resources you need to help you achieve the best possible result. You can’t start securing your future until you know the first steps—speak with our divorce lawyers in Dedham today.
Our experienced and dedicated Dedham family law attorneys are ready to help you when you call us at (781) 328-1453.
Handling Your Divorce Proactively
f you are getting ready to divorce your spouse, you likely already know that it is a difficult and emotional process. However, it's important to obtain legal help that will work towards making your divorce as amicable as possible. Ending a marriage is not about revenge. Instead, our attorneys will help you work toward a fair agreement for your divorce. No matter how tempting it is to feel like you need to "win" during a divorce, our team will always be focused on what's best for your future.
We recommend taking the following steps before serving your spouse with divorce papers:
- Get your own P.O. box and send your mail there.
- Close all joint credit accounts.
- Change the password on all your social media accounts.
- Change the password on your phone, laptop, and any other electronic devices.
- Make copies of critical financial documents. Here's a list of documents you'll need.
Doing all of this ensures that you're in a secure position to start the divorce—even if your spouse responds poorly or retaliates. You're safe from sudden spending sprees, from your spouse attempting to hide your joint financial documents, or from trying to snoop around your personal devices. Will they try to do that? Hopefully not, but it's better to be safe.
Avoiding Emotional Decision-Making
One of the ways we serve our clients is by helping them think strategically. The key to a successful divorce is picking the right battles (and knowing when to let something go). Your emotions might tell you that moving out of the marital home is the right decision, but strategy says moving out too soon might hurt your case later.
Your emotions might want you to post on the internet everything bad about your spouse's behavior, but strategy says that venting on social media will always make you look worse in court. Your emotions might tell you that it's worth fighting over the antique hutch in the living room, but your lawyers would tell you that spending thousands of dollars in legal fees to fight over a piece of furniture that's worth a few hundred dollars doesn't make sense--no matter how it feels.
Here are 10 mistakes people often make during a divorce:
- Not telling your divorce lawyer everything.
- Not putting divorce issues in writing.
- Fighting for custody without knowing how to do it well.
- Failing to see the IRS as your common enemy.
- Letting pettiness influence the parenting agreement.
- Not doing cost-benefit analysis for divorce issues.
- Forgetting emails, texts, and EZ-Pass records are admissible in court.
- Using social media angrily or without considering the consequences.
- Showing disrespect to your spouse in court or in front of your kids.
- Failing to gather all the financial documents you'll need.
An Approach Developed Over Hundreds of Cases
After hundreds of successful cases, our firm has perfected an approach to family law that we've found to help clients. It’s an approach that has changed thousands of lives, and it’s one that gives your case the strongest chance of success in any courtroom proceeding or negotiation meeting. In short, it represents our most powerful tool.
Our courtroom advantage utilizes the following elements:
- Collaborative Representation – Our team meets frequently to offer insight on the most complex issues of your case, investing nearly a century of experience into your case development.
- Thorough Investigation – We utilize forensic accountants, psychologists, counselors, and other consultants to prepare for your toughest obstacles and maximize your case’s strengths.
- Courtroom Familiarity – We are familiar with the judges and courthouses you’ll be interacting with in Dedham. We can position your case to address their specific concerns and style.
By the time you sit down to negotiate with your spouse, our team will have made your case robust and trial-ready. Having such a well-prepared case allows many people to craft an agreement or settlement that secures their future without the high costs of litigation, solving their problems with less strain and emotional stress.
Call us at (781) 328-1453 or use our simple online form to schedule a free case review. Your life hinges on who you choose to represent your case, and we are ready to be the difference that you need.