Family Law & Divorce Attorneys in Dedham
Here to Help You Achieve the Best Possible Results
Are you facing the reality of a divorce or related family law matter? Miller Law Group, P.C. is here to help. Our law firm provides unparalleled representation to people in Dedham and surrounding communities to secure optimal results. When your future is on the line, you simply can’t afford to retain a less-qualified attorney.
Our Dedham family law attorneys handle cases involving:
- Property division
- Child custody
- Child support
- Fathers’ rights
- ...All other family law matters!
To date, we have provided hundreds of free legal evaluations for people throughout Massachusetts. These are straightforward consultations that provide you with real, concrete and practical advice about your case, as well as the resources you need to help you achieve the best possible result. You can’t start securing your future until you know the first steps—speak with our divorce lawyers in Dedham today.
Take advantage of our experience, skill and passion for family law by contacting our Dedham divorce attorneys today, either online or by calling (508) 502-7002!
Handling Your Divorce Proactively
Our Dedham divorce lawyers are firm believers in filing first. Why? Because filing first puts you in control of your divorce. People who file first get to set the agenda. However, filing first requires you to make some preparations first.
We recommend taking the following steps before serving your spouse with divorce papers:
- Get your own P.O. box and send your mail there.
- Close all joint credit accounts.
- Change the password on all your social media accounts.
- Change the password on your phone, laptop, and any other electronic devices.
- Make copies of critical financial documents. Here's a list of documents you'll need.
Doing all of this ensures that you're in a secure position to start the divorce—even if your spouse responds poorly or retaliates. You're safe from sudden spending sprees, from your spouse attempting to hide your joint financial documents, or from trying to snoop around your personal devices. Will they try to do that? Hopefully not, but it's better to be safe.
Avoiding Emotional Decision-Making
One of the ways Miller Law Group serves our clients is by helping them think strategically about divorce. The key to a successful divorce is picking the right battles (and knowing when to let something go). Your emotions might tell you that moving out of the marital home is the right decision, but strategy says moving out too soon might hurt your custody case later. Your emotions might want you to post on the internet everything bad about your spouse's behavior, but strategy says that venting on social media will always make you look worse in court.
Your emotions might tell you that it's worth fighting over the antique hutch in the living room, but your lawyers would tell you that spending thousands of dollars in legal fees to fight over a piece of furniture that's worth a few hundred dollars doesn't make sense--no matter how it feels.
Here are 10 mistakes people often make during a divorce:
- Not telling your divorce lawyer everything.
- Not putting divorce issues in writing.
- Fighting for custody without knowing how to do it well.
- Failing to see the IRS as your common enemy.
- Letting pettiness influence the parenting agreement.
- Not doing cost-benefit analysis for divorce issues.
- Forgetting emails, texts, and EZ-Pass records are admissible in court.
- Using social media angrily or without considering the consequences.
- Showing disrespect to your spouse in court or in front of your kids.
- Failing to gather all the financial documents you'll need.
An Approach Developed Over Hundreds of Cases
After hundreds of successful cases, our firm has perfected an approach to family law that maximizes your chances of achieving your divorce goals. It’s an approach that has changed thousands of lives, and it’s one that gives your case the upper hand in any courtroom proceeding or negotiation meeting. In short, it represents our most powerful advantages.
Our courtroom advantage utilizes the following elements:
- Collaborative Representation – Our team meets frequently to offer insight on the most complex issues of your case, investing nearly a century of experience into your case development.
- Thorough Investigation – We utilize forensic accountants, psychologists, counselors, and other consultants to prepare for your toughest obstacles and maximize your case’s strengths.
- Courtroom Familiarity – We are familiar with the judges and courthouses you’ll be interacting with in Dedham. We can position your case to address their specific concerns and style.
By the time you sit down to negotiate with your spouse, our team will have made your case robust and trial-ready. That means you’ll have the greatest competitive advantage you could ask for—the ability to walk away and take the case to court. Having such a position of strength allows many people to craft an agreement or settlement that secures their future without the high costs of litigation, solving their problems with less strain and emotional stress.
Call us at (508) 502-7002 or use our simple online form to schedule a free case review. Your life hinges on who you choose to represent your case—and Miller Law Group isn’t accustomed to losing.