Free Consultation 888-874-2142
Child Support FAQ

Helping you navigate complex family matters.

What If My Spouse Stops Paying Child Support?

Any time that any order of the court is being violated, you can file a contempt action. In this case, your spouse is brought back to court.

If your former spouse stops paying child support, they could be sanctioned with the following:

  • Fees
  • Wage garnishments
  • Withholding tax returns
  • Jail time and more.

All too often, we get a phone call asking, “What if my spouse doesn’t pay child support?” Any time any order of the court is being violated, you can file a contempt action. Your spouse will be brought back to court. He or she could be sanctioned with fees, ordered to pay your attorney’s fees, or even be sent to jail until they comply. When the state gets involved and it comes to child support, they can withhold wages, take your tax returns, revoke licenses, report delinquent payers, put liens on assets, take lottery winnings, and even prevent the issuance of passports.

Call our Massachusetts child support attorneys today to learn more about how we can help.

  • "You can bet that your firm has a customer for life."

  • "I appreciated your transparency and ability to manage the court room."

    Robert B.
  • "I interviewed many attorneys for my divorce case and knew that I made the right decision the moment I spoke with my attorney from your firm."
    Anonymous Father
Why Choose Our Firm Give Yourself a Strong Chance of Success

With Miller Law Group by your side, we will always put you first.

  • We've Handled Hundreds of Cases
  • We Have Almost 100 Years of Combined Experience
  • We're Dedicated to World-Class Experience
  • We Have Multiple Convenient Meeting Locations
Free Consultations Available

Contact Our Offices

Ready to get started? Our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (888) 874-2142.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.