Free Consultation 888-874-2142

Helping you navigate complex family matters.

Massachusetts Modification of Orders

Divorce agreements are not usually meant to last forever. When there’s been a change in circumstances, you can file a Complaint for Modification. The modification attorneys at Miller Law Group, P.C. handle cases ranging from simple to the most complex on all types of issues. We work with all types of clients from various economic backgrounds.

Modifications come in various forms and address many issues:

How you facilitate a change in your divorce agreement is dependent on the status of your case, as well as the type of change you are requesting. In addition to filing a Complaint for Modification, another way to make a change in some cases is to file a motion.

Examples of motions include the following:

  • Motion for Reconsideration asks the same family court judge who heard your case to review his or her previously issued decision and make a change due to newly discovered evidence, an issue of fraud or a mistake of law.
  • Motion to Set Aside asks a judge to vacate an existing support or custody order. Once the order is vacated by the family court, the rulings addressed in it no longer exist and they revert back to an unresolved status.

Filing a Motion for Attorney Fees

Either spouse could file numerous motions and make never-ending discovery demands in hopes of increasing the other spouse’s legal bill to the point that he or she will run out of money and be forced to take a less favorable settlement. If this happens, you can file a motion for attorney fees, which also puts the court on notice of your spouse’s improper conduct.

Proactive Modification Lawyers

At Miller Law Group, P.C., we value fair and equitable family court orders. However, we also understand that a court order that once worked for you and your family may no longer be appropriate. This is when modification is appropriate. The divorce modification attorneys, paralegals and professional staff at Miller Law Group, P.C. have the experience to help you navigate even the most complicated modification requests. We are familiar with area courts and have learned the way various judges operate.

About Modifications

If your circumstances have changed, you have a right to go back to court and ask for a modification of your agreement.

This means that you may have the ability to:

Your court orders should reflect your current circumstances. If something has changed that affects your circumstances—such as the loss of a job—we are here to help you file for a modification of orders. This may save you a considerable amount of money.

About Contempt

Contempt cases arise from non-compliance of court orders.

Parties can file a motion of contempt for the following reasons:

Courts usually like to see that you have made a considerable effort to get what is owed to you before resorting to filing a contempt order, but this varies depending on the family court judge and the severity of the situation.

Who We Represent

We represent people who either need to file or have received modification orders. Our firm is ready to help people who need to modify an agreement, just as we are prepared to represent people who need to contest a modification. We represent people who are not receiving what the other spouse agreed to pay, and we can help spouses with modifications if they are unable to pay, which resulted in the non-compliance. Our goal is to work intelligently and precisely to find a fair resolution and mutually beneficial outcome.

Contact our Massachusetts family lawyers at (888) 874-2142 for a free review of your case to learn your rights and options.

  • "You can bet that your firm has a customer for life."

  • "I appreciated your transparency and ability to manage the court room."

    Robert B.
  • "I interviewed many attorneys for my divorce case and knew that I made the right decision the moment I spoke with my attorney from your firm."
    Anonymous Father
Why Choose Our Firm Give Yourself a Strong Chance of Success

With Miller Law Group by your side, we will always put you first.

  • We've Handled Hundreds of Cases
  • We Have Almost 100 Years of Combined Experience
  • We're Dedicated to World-Class Experience
  • We Have Multiple Convenient Meeting Locations
Free Consultations Available

Contact Our Offices

Ready to get started? Our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (888) 874-2142.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.