At Miller Law Group, we treat your family like our own.
When people start thinking about divorce, one of the first questions they ask is: “How much will my legal fees cost?” If you are like most, you want your divorce completed quickly and at a low cost. But you also need a lawyer who will meet your specific needs. Miller Law Group, P.C. is dedicated to one thing—using every resource to get our clients the best possible result.
We offer several levels of assistance for family law matters:
- Initial Consultation — FREE
- Limited Assistance Representation
- Contested Divorce
- Complex Divorce Litigation
Do not hesitate to call (508) 502-7002 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Limited Assistance Representation (LAR)
If you need help with some, but not all, of your legal matter, we may be of help through Limited Assistance Representation. With LAR, also referred to as "a la carte" legal services, you pay for only the specific legal service you need, such as drafting a document.
While we are known for aggressive litigation, there are times when we also help clients avoid litigation altogether. If you and your spouse can be cooperative with each other, we can help you with an uncontested divorce. This type of divorce takes less time, saves both of you money and helps spare your children from the emotional wounds and scars resulting from a contentious divorce battle.
Once you and your spouse agreed to the terms and conditions of your divorce, we can help with:
- Filing a Joint Petition for Divorce
- Helping with required forms and pleadings
- Preparing a single financial statement or affidavit
- Drafting a basic Separation Agreement that outlines the terms of your agreement
- Providing up to an hour of telephone and office conferences to review documents
- Representing you at an uncontested divorce hearing to finalize your divorce
If your legal matter is relatively straightforward, you can save thousands of dollars in legal fees by keeping legal services to a minimum. Let our attorneys help you file the necessary court and financial documents, work with you to negotiate and settle your differences, and make a single court appearance to finalize your matter.
If your spouse is uncooperative and unwilling to negotiate toward settlement, it translates into more letters, discovery, motions, court hearings or even a long, drawn-out trial. The beginning stages of contested divorce representation include a temporary orders hearing, attorney assistance in the negotiation of child support, parenting plans and property division, and a final hearing before the court.
Complex Divorce Litigation
- Private investigations to justify alimony or the termination of alimony
- Private investigations to support allegations of inappropriate parenting (ex: documentation of alcoholism or drug use)
- Extensive use of discovery tools, including subpoenas, document requests, interrogatories and depositions
- Assistance with forensic accountants and other experts in searching for hidden assets
- Complex property division using key experts on the case such as forensic accountants, business valuators and appraisers, real estate appraisers, estate planning experts, tax advisers, fine art or collectible appraisers, and more
- Retaining vocational experts to identify either spouse's education, employment prospects and/or earning capacities
- Court hearings with motions seeking orders for your spouse to maintain a job diary, documenting efforts to seek employment
- Court hearings seeking deviation from support guidelines, including arguments related to extraordinary expenses, self-employment income, unemployment, overtime, bonus and commission income, fluctuating income and imputed income
- Guardian ad litem investigations
- Child relocation, representing both custodial and noncustodial parents when it comes to requests to move a child
Let Us Manage Your Divorce & Control Your Costs
Whether you need full legal representation, limited representation or guidance in handling a simple divorce, remember this: every time you go to court, your legal fees increase. That’s why we recommend negotiating as many issues as possible to avoid going to court.
As a general rule, you should consider:
- The longer your case drags on, the higher your legal fees will ultimately be.
- Long, drawn-out custody battles due to conflict will drive up the cost of your divorce.
- Extended discovery to search for hidden assets or under-reported income drives your bill higher.
If you’re going through a divorce, Miller Law Group has the resources needed to handle nearly every type of family law issue for clients. Even if it isn't contested, divorce is difficult for all parties involved. We will work diligently to make sure your needs are met as we negotiate with the other party.
To learn more, contact us at (508) 502-7002 to schedule an initial consultation.
You can bet that your firm has a customer for life.Rob
I appreciated your transparency and ability to manage the court room.Robert B.
"I interviewed many attorneys for my divorce case and knew that I made the right decision the moment I spoke with my attorney from your firm."Anonymous Father
With Miller Law Group by your side, we will always put your family first.
We've Handled Hundreds of Cases
We Have Almost 100 Years of Combined Experience
We're Dedicated to World-Class Experience
We Have Multiple Convenient Meeting Locations
Get Answers to Your Most Important Questions
Plan Ahead with These Divorce Planning Tips