Free Consultation 888-874-2142
Divorce Forms

Helping you navigate complex divorce matters.

Divorce Forms in Massachusetts

Receive Help from Skilled Divorce Attorneys

One of the daunting aspects of divorce in Massachusetts is the number of forms that must be completed and filed with the state. Knowing what's ahead can help reduce the confusion and anxiety that is natural during a huge change in life. Our Massachusetts divorce attorneys provide clients and potential clients with links to the various forms that you will most likely need when obtaining a divorce in the Commonwealth. To learn more and to discuss your situation with an experienced Massachusetts family law attorney, call Miller Law Group, P.C. at (888) 874-2142. We offer free initial consultations and can meet with you at any of our local offices at times that fit your schedule.

Forms Commonly Used

  • Joint petition for divorce. Form CJD 101A
  • Joint affidavit of irretrievable breakdown. Form Affidavit of Irretrievable Breakdown
  • Certified copy of the civil marriage certificate. This is available from the Registry of Vital Records or from the city or town hall.
  • Notarized separation agreement signed by both parties. This is something you write yourselves. A separation agreement is a written contract between you and your spouse. It spells out property division, child custody / support, spousal support, visitation and any other issues relevant to your divorce. There are different ways to reach an agreement.
  • Certificate of absolute divorce for the Registry of Vital Records. Form R-408
  • Financial statements and applicable schedules. See Financial Statements.
  • Affidavit of care and custody. Form OCAJ-1
  • Child support guidelines worksheet. Form CJD304
  • Parent education certificate. If you have children under 18, both parents are required to attend a parent education program unless it is waived by the court. You will receive this certificate after attending a Parent Education Program.
  • Affidavit of Indigency if you cannot afford the court fees.
  • Child support guidelines deviation. Form CJD 305 is used if you don't think the child support guidelines should apply to your case.
  • Motion to waive attendance at parent education program. Form CJD 444 if you cannot attend a parent education program.
  • Motion for Temporary Orders if you need a court order until the time of your final agreement. Typically, family law matters take months to come to a resolution. In the meantime, while parties are waiting for a settlement or the judge's final decision, they can use temporary orders to set out how the parties should conduct themselves until the final divorce decree. Temporary orders can address questions such as: Who will be living in the house? How much support is needed? How much time will the children spend with each parent? Fill in what you want the court to order. With this, you also need an Affidavit, where you explain to the judge what happened and when, and a Proposed Order form, where you write exactly what you want the court to order.
  • Joint Petition/Motion to Change a Judgment/Temporary Order
  • Complaint for Modification
  • Complaint for Modification of Alimony

You may need other forms, depending on the circumstances.

Contact Us About Necessary Forms: (888) 874-2142

In many instances, having an attorney complete the forms makes life much easier. At Miller Law Group, P.C., we will sit down with you and review the relevant forms. Our lawyers have years of combined experience handling Massachusetts divorces and related matters and know exactly how to accomplish your goals. To learn more, contact Miller Law Group, P.C.. Your initial consultation is free.

Why Choose Our Firm Give Yourself a Strong Chance of Success

With Miller Law Group by your side, we will always put you first.

  • We've Handled Hundreds of Cases
  • We Have Almost 100 Years of Combined Experience
  • We're Dedicated to World-Class Experience
  • We Have Multiple Convenient Meeting Locations
Free Consultations Available

Contact Our Offices

Ready to get started? Our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (888) 874-2142.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.