Beverly Divorce Lawyer
Nearly a Century of Family Law Experience
Miller Law Group is a full-service family law firm that offers premium, cost-effective representation. Our firm has one goal: protect your future. From our Essex County office, we serve Beverly families who are facing the toughest situations of their lives. Utilizing our revolutionary approach to the law, we are able to provide a world-class client experience to spouses and families throughout Massachusetts—giving them the emotional and legal support everyone needs.
Our revolutionary approach allows our clients to customize the services they receive from us—as a result, they can control the cost and direction of their own case. Miller Law Group’s approach is highly effective for both contested and uncontested divorces, helping us secure your interests and your future in the way that suits your needs.
Our Beverly family law attorneys handle cases involving:
- Child support
- Spousal support or alimony
- Military divorce
- Child custody
- Property division
- LGBT divorce
- Fathers’ rights
For a free, no-obligation review of your case, call (508) 502-7002 or fill out our simple online form to learn how we can help protect your future.
The Miller Law Group Competitive Advantage
Our firm has become the premier family law firm in the state because we pour our resources into preparing each case for trial. Everything we do, from investigation to trial/negotiation, is designed to strengthen your position and put you on the front-foot in your divorce. As a result of our approach, our clients are able to achieve better results.
Our competitive advantage includes:
- Weekly Collaboration – We have 13 attorneys, paralegals, and staff who meet to discuss the complexities of each client’s needs, investing 90+ years of experience into each case.
- Thorough Investigation – Our process includes hiring forensic accountants, vocational experts, custody evaluators, and other experts to uncover every potential issue or advantage.
- Courtroom Familiarity – Our team is deeply familiar with the Probate & Family Court in Beverly, so we know how to prepare your case to address the specific obstacles you’ll be facing.
Don’t let your case fall into a less-prepared attorney’s hands—Miller Law Group is ready to secure your future and help you move forward with peace and confidence. Call (508) 502-7002 today.
Planning Your Divorce Strategically
Divorces are deeply personal and emotional, but they're also legal procedures. Divorce can be constructive and rewarding, but they require preparation and discipline. Our firm serves our clients by helping them think through their divorce tactically, making choices that will reap benefits for decades to come. When you're ready to start over, we help you start fresh in the best possible condition.
Here are some of the first steps we have our clients take:
- Get their own P.O. box
- Close all joint credit accounts
- Change all social media passwords
- Change passwords on their phones and laptops
- Make copies of the vital financial documents.
Think Logically, Not Emotionally
One of the best pieces of advice we can give anyone is to handle their divorce as rationally and dispassionately as possible. Your goal shouldn't be to punish your spouse, make them regret how they treated you, or isolate them from your children. Your goal should be simple: divide your lives equitably and smoothly. As long as that's your goal, your divorce will go well.
For example, we tell our clients to always do a cost-benefit analysis for every divorce issue. Picking your battles will save you heartache and keep your divorce cost-effective. Is a few more dollars of monthly alimony worth fighting over? Well, that depends on how much time your lawyer will spend fighting for it. If you only stand to gain a little, your Beverly divorce lawyer will advise you to just let it go.
The most common divorce mistakes people make are:
- Failing to tell your Beverly divorce attorney everything
- Not putting divorce agreements in writing
- Dragging kids into the custody fight
- Failing to treat the IRS as a common enemy
- Getting petty with the custody agreement
- Failing to do a cost-benefit analysis before contesting an issue
- Forgetting emails, texts, and EZ-Pass records are admissible in court
- Using social media irresponsibly
- Showing disrespect to your spouse in front of your kids
- Failing to gather a complete financial record
Learn more about divorce planning from our Beverly MA divorce attorneys!