Boston Child Custody Lawyers
Call Custody Attorneys in Boston to Create a Fair Parenting Plan
At Miller Law Group, P.C., we know how important it is for you to protect your child’s best interest during a divorce. For that reason, we know child custody is one of the most frustrating processes for couples getting a divorce. The Boston child custody attorneys at our firm help clients throughout Massachusetts create a child custody arrangement while guiding them toward fair solutions about how to raise their children as co-parents. With our help, you can achieve a strong and fair agreement that suits your goals and objectives and keeps your child’s best interests in mind.
Let our team guide you during this stressful time. Call our Boston child custody attorneys today at (508) 502-7002 for a free consultation!
Child Custody & Divorce in Massachusetts
A divorce can be extremely difficult to resolve if both parties can’t agree to a parenting plan. There are some cases where both parents want full custody of the child, or they may be unhappy with the limited time they get to spend with their child. However, if you can't come up with an agreement yourselves, the courts will create a parenting plan for you. In order to keep parents in the driver's seat regarding their children, we always recommend trying to negotiate a parenting plan out of court first before resorting to costly litigation.
Judges in Massachusetts will consider the following factors when ruling on child custody agreements:
- Which parent is more involved in the child’s daily life
- The age of the children
- Where each parent lives
- The stability of each parent’s household
- What the child wants, if age-appropriate
All of these things will require documentation, which requires investigation, preparation, and potentially multiple hearings. That increases the overall cost of a divorce and forces parents to become adversaries rather than be what they are: co-parents. It's far better for parents to negotiate and collaborate than leave the outcome of their child's life up to the judge.
What Are the Different Types of Child Custody?
There are various types of child custody plans that a judge can award to a parent. Some of the different child custody plans include the following:
- Legal Custody: This type of custody grants one or both parents to provide input on how the child should be raised.
- Physical Custody: A parent with physical custody is a parent that the child lives. Some children can live with both parents on an alternating schedule; in some cases, children will live with one parent but visit with the other.
- Joint Custody: This type of custody is when both parents have physical custody, legal custody, or both.
- Sole Custody: This type of custody is when only one parent has full legal and/or physical custody of the child. One parent may have sole physical custody, but the court often grants legal custody to both parents barring unique circumstances.
Begin Your Parenting Plan by Calling Today at (508) 502-7002!
If you’re having a difficult time working out child custody agreements with your spouse, it is vital to obtain legal advice as soon as possible. The team of Boston child custody attorneys at Miller Law Group, P.C. are ready to help you protect your child’s future and make the decisions that are best for you in the long run. Call us today for a free consultation to learn your options, discuss your goals, and determine the best possible outcome for you and your children.
Call our Boston child custody attorneys today for a free consultation at (508) 502-7002. We are available 24/7!