Miller Law Group will fight to protect your assets and your future.
People who are facing serious debt and the threat of foreclosure often feel deep shame about their situation. People might think that they’ve failed, or that they’ve ended their chance at owning a home forever. At Miller Law Group, P.C., we’re here to tell you the truth: it’s nothing to be ashamed of, and there’s a way through this.
Our Massachusetts foreclosure defense lawyers are aggressive trial attorneys, seasoned veterans of both courtroom and paper advocacy. Using the federal bankruptcy code and Massachusetts law governing foreclosures, we’re able to ensure our clients can stay in their home for as long as they need.
Foreclosure Defense Options for Massachusetts Residents
In 2012, in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, the Massachusetts legislature passed a law that made it more difficult for banks and lenders to foreclose on homeowners. If a lender fails to follow specific, legally-required steps before foreclosing on you, then you may be able to invalidate the foreclosure.
There have even been recent developments on this front. In 2019, a court case involving a mortgage lender and a homeowner changed foreclosure defense cases statewide. In this case, the lender (Chase Bank) sent a misleading preforeclosure notice. Because it was deceptive, the court ruled that the foreclosure was invalid. The court decision has provided consumers with one more foreclosure defense: if a letter notifying you of a breach of your mortgage contract was confusing or misleading, then it may protect you from foreclosure.
This is obviously a recent development in Massachusetts foreclosure law, so speak with an attorney to learn your specific options.
Can a Lawyer Help Stop Foreclosure?
At Miller Law Group, P.C., our expert Massachusetts foreclosure defense attorneys have helped countless homeowners navigate the complex legal landscape surrounding foreclosures.
Here are just a few ways our lawyers can help you:
- Legal expertise: Foreclosure laws can be intricate and can differ significantly from state to state. Our team is well-versed in Massachusetts law and federal bankruptcy codes that apply to foreclosures. We can identify loopholes, errors, or omissions made by your lender that might make the foreclosure illegal.
- Negotiation: Often, foreclosure can be avoided through negotiations with the lender. We have successfully negotiated loan modifications, repayment plans, or even a short sale as alternatives to foreclosure. These arrangements can be complex, and having an experienced attorney by your side can make the difference.
- Litigation: If a negotiation is not an option or unsuccessful, we're prepared to go to court. Our lawyers are aggressive trial advocates who have successfully challenged foreclosures by proving that the lender failed to follow proper procedure or acted in bad faith.
- Bankruptcy as an option: Depending on your situation, filing for bankruptcy may be a strategy to halt the foreclosure process. Our attorneys can help you understand if this is the right option for you, and guide you through the bankruptcy filing process if it's the best path forward.
- Legal defenses: The Massachusetts law and court decisions such as the 2019 case involving Chase Bank offer various defenses against foreclosure. We can assess whether any of these defenses apply to your case and employ them rigorously.
- Documentation and paperwork: A foreclosure involves a tremendous amount of paperwork, and missing or incorrectly filing a single document can result in losing your home. Our attorneys ensure that every 'i' is dotted and every 't' is crossed, providing you with the peace of mind you need during this challenging time.
- Emotional and psychological support: Beyond the legal aspect, facing foreclosure is emotionally taxing. Our team provides not just legal assistance but also emotional support to help you through this stressful period.
By hiring an attorney, you're not just getting legal advice; you're gaining a committed advocate who will fight tirelessly to protect your home and your future. Whether through negotiation, litigation, or other legal means, our primary goal is to keep you in your home for as long as possible while resolving your financial challenges.
Get a Free Bankruptcy Consultation Today
At Miller Law Group, P.C., our Massachusetts foreclosure defense attorneys are fierce advocates for families and consumers. A person’s house is more than a financial asset. It’s their home, where their children feel safe, where they make memories and build their lives. Our duty as your advocates is to use every legal resource at our disposal—all our experience, effort, and time—to fight against your foreclosure.
If you want to know your financial options, speak with us in a free consultation today. Our attorneys can discuss your financial situation, what kind of debt you have, what assets you have, and how we can use bankruptcy law or state law to protect you and your home.
Speak with us today at (508) 502-7002 or contact us with our short online form.
You can bet that your firm has a customer for life.Rob
I appreciated your transparency and ability to manage the court room.Robert B.
"I interviewed many attorneys for my divorce case and knew that I made the right decision the moment I spoke with my attorney from your firm."Anonymous Father
With Miller Law Group by your side, we will always put your family first.
We've Handled Hundreds of Cases
We Have Almost 100 Years of Combined Experience
We're Dedicated to World-Class Experience
We Have Multiple Convenient Meeting Locations