Inside the Middlesex County
Probate & Family Court
Middlesex County is the most populated and wealthiest county in the commonwealth. Divorce and family law-related matters are primarily heard in one of two courthouses: 208 Cambridge St. in Cambridge or at the corner of the courthouse and two blocks down on the left at 121 Third St.
The CambridgeSide Galleria is just blocks away; public transportation can be accessed by the green line to the Lechmere Station stop or by multiple bus routes.
Additionally, judges take one or two days a month where they’ll hear matters in Northern Middlesex County – at 41 Hurd St., Lowell; or in the western part of the county, at 45 William St., Marlborough, where parking is available in the court’s parking lot.
- Hon. Edward F. Donnelly, Jr., First Justice (Courtroom 2 – Cambridge Street)
- Hon. Jeffrey A. Abber, Associate Justice (Courtroom 3 – Cambridge Street)
- Hon. Megan Christopher, Associate Justice (Courtroom 4 – Cambridge Street)
- Hon. Kevin R. Connelly, Associate Justice (Courtroom 1 – Cambridge Street)
- Hon. Patricia A. Gorman, Associate Justice (Courtroom 6 – Third Street)
- Hon. Maureen H. Monks, Associate Justice (Courtroom 7 – Third Street)
- Hon. William F. McSweeny, III, Associate Justice (Courtroom 5 – Cambridge Street)
Information on Middlesex County Justices:
A graduate of Wellesley College (B.A., 1977) and Northeastern School of Law (J.D., 1989), newly-appointed Justice Megan H. Christopher practiced law for 22 years for the Family Law Unit at MetroWest Legal Services, representing low-income and elder clients in administrative and court proceedings, with a focus on family law. She was a supervising attorney for more than 10 years and also served as president of the MetroWest Bar Association and as a member of the Probate and Family Court Bench Bar Committee on Rules.
Unique Statistics Relating to the Middlesex County Probate & Family Court
In 2014, Middlesex County had more divorce filings – 4,952 – than any other county in Massachusetts. It represented 19 percent of the 25,316 filings statewide.
Get a free legal evaluation to discuss your family law matter when you contact Miller Law Group, P.C.!