Unique Legal Issues That Unmarried Parents Face
The unmarried parents we represent tend to fall into two different camps:
- Unmarried parents in loving relationships who happily live together in a single home with children
- Unmarried parents in contentious relationships with custody and parenting time disputes
Whatever group you find yourself in, Miller Law Group, P.C. is here to help.
Parenting Tips for Unmarried Parents
There are many avenues unmarried parents can take to maintain a healthy environment for their children.
- Obtain a parenting plan – This legally binding plan helps direct unmarried parents regarding decisions about the children’s health, education, religion and more.
- Establish custody and visitation – Unmarried parents who do not live together should enter into an agreement. This establishes a set household for children and enforceable visitation times.
- Spend quality time with your child – Children benefit from healthy, fun relationships with both parents. Do your best to ensure the time you spend with your children is meaningful.
Trusted Divorce Lawyers in Massachusetts
We like to say that our firm acts as a legal brain trust. What we mean by this is that our law firm gives you the advantage of nearly 100 years of collective experience among our attorneys, paralegals, and professional staff. We frequently collaborate on cases—so although you retain one attorney from our firm, you get the advantage of our entire team of family law attorneys in your corner, fighting for your rights as an unmarried parent.
Miller Law Group, P.C. is a fierce advocate for unmarried parents. We provide free case reviews to people throughout Massachusetts. Let yours be the next! Contact our team at (508) 502-7002 today.